Panthers High Performance Program
U22AA 23/24 Media Guide
The Central York Girls Hockey Association (CYGHA) has created the Panthers High Performance Program (PHP) for female hockey players who have a high level of commitment to the Panthers program and who have been selected as players who can excel at the highest levels at their respective ages.
The Central York Panthers High Performance Program (PHP) encompasses a unified skills and player development program for the U22(Junior), U18 AA, U15 AA, and U13 AA teams within the CYGHA. Coaches and staff will be working in a collaborative environment across these four teams to prepare Central York Panthers for hockey at the highest levels in the sport. By working together to create a synergy between these four teams we will be looking to optimize all of our resources in a more integrated fashion.
The end goal will be to develop highly skilled athletes who are strong leaders, and elite student athletes from within the CYGHA.
To be a leading youth organization in providing elite female hockey players with a high-performance environment that will prepare them for Provincial, National and University opportunities.
The core values for the PHP program are…
Respect - we promote respect in all aspects of the game from players, to officials, to parents, to coaches, and spectators. We respect and honour the game through our consistent actions of fair play and sportsmanship.
Integrity – we will act with integrity in all aspects of our communication and interactions.
Accountability – all players, coaches, and support staff are accountable to the high standards of the program. We each take responsibility, are open to systemic evaluation and live up to our commitments.
Discipline – we will be disciplined in the act of pursuing excellence in everything that we do on a daily basis.
Perseverance – will lead us to succeed in achieving the goals that we commit to, to anticipate the obstacles and to be firm in the face of the difficulties that present themselves.
Goals and Objectives
The PHP program goals and objectives will include…
- Individualized feedback and development programs for players – providing each player with on and off-ice guidance and exposure to the necessary skills for competition at the highest levels in the sport.
- Monthly combined Skills Development practices with Skills Expert Coaches in addition to the regular team practices.
- High standards that hold each player accountable to their thoughts, actions, habits, and character.
- Exceptional coaching – continuously building our High Performance coaching pool through coach mentorship, recruitment, and retention techniques.
- Opportunities to compete at the highest levels possible, against the best competition Provincially, Nationally, and within North America.
- Prepare players for OWHA U16 and U18 High Performance camps, U18 and National Team Canada camps, NCAA and U Sports selections.
- Focus on developing the complete student-athlete within an environment that advances their physical, mental, emotional, and social strengths.
- Achieve success in all aspects of their lives.
- Commitment to continuous improvement through collaboration and synergy between the coaches, players, and teams.
- Ensure all players practice and play with higher level teams regularly.
- Combined August Training Camps where players will be exposed to high calibre coaching and training methods from specialized skill instructors and University, OWHA, and Hockey Canada coaches.
- Publicity geared towards promoting our program and players to the OWHA, Hockey Canada, NCAA and U Sports.
- Constant communication and status updates with other CYGHA coaches.
- Team building, goal setting, strength and conditioning, and various mental skills presentations.
- Monthly PHP coach meetings throughout the season
- A yearly Hockey Canada High Performance presentation.