Mentorship Coaching Program for U7 Cubs
This is a new and exciting program that provides up to eight participants in the U18 division with a unique volunteer opportunity to develop their coaching skills and pave the path for our future Panthers.
You will become part of the leadership team for the Panther Cubs U7 program where you will progressively develop and run fun skill sessions with the U7 Cubs and provide coaching during interactive games. In return, you will develop friendships, leadership and resume skills, a prestigious coach position and be a part of developing a love of the game with our youngest players.
Q. What are the requirements for the mentorship coaching program?
A. The requirements include:
- You must be registered in the CYGHA U18 Division;
- Obtain Respect in Sports – Activity Leaders certification before season starts;
- Rowan’s Law Resource Review & Acknowledgement;
- A passion for hockey and working with kids;
- A desire to develop your leadership skills;
- Willing to commit to 1 hour on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings for the duration of 2023/2024 hockey season; and
- Most importantly … want to have fun!
Q. What will I be doing?
A. Under supervision of the head coach, you will be working directly with the U7 Cubs each weekend by:
- Participating in coaching skill development sessions with the head coach;
- Developing and reviewing practice plans;
- Supporting and leading fun and engaging practice sessions;
- Coaching and officiating half ice games;
- Participating in debrief and planning sessions;
- Earning volunteer hours towards your Ontario Secondary School Diploma; and
- Working towards earning your Coach 1 certification (paid for by the CYGHA).
Q. When will the Program Start?
A. The Cubs program starts mid September (and runs to early March). There are online self guided courses to begin before the season starts. There will also be one initial pre-planning session late August/early September.
Q. Who can I contact if I have any questions?
A. You can forward any questions to [email protected]