U9 "Teddy Bears"
The CYGHA has introduced a U9 (Novice) development program called the “Teddy Bears”.
CYGHA’s novice development program called the “Teddy Bears”. The CYGHA created the program to replace the Novice DS program from previous years. This is an excellent opportunity to give your daughter additional development to prepare them for potential Novice/Atom rep positions the following season.
Players will be selected from existing U9 House League teams and will continue to practice and play House League. The offering allows for more practices, exposure to higher level play with the Novice Rep team, additional development sessions, and a welcoming full of Panther Pride!
Due to current OWHA restrictions, this group will not be able to play any games with teams from other centres or participate in OWHA tournaments, but we would provide practice ice for this group exclusively, a few shared practices with the Novice A team and mixed-squad scrimmages.
The offering includes:
- A “practice-style” Teddy Bears jersey and socks, with name
- Minimum of 8 practice hours exclusively for Teddy Bears.
- A select number of shared practices with the Novice A team.
- Combined scrimmages with Novice A team players. BLUE AND WHITE games...
- Two dedicated skills sessions run by Steve Dempsey (using the ice allocated above)
- A pre-game skate with Panthers Jr team. Meet and greet and dressing room tour.
STAY TUNED FOR INVITES IN NOVEMBER 2020!